At St Augustine's our care and concern extends beyond our school walls and into the community and parish. The families of our children and their well-being are so important to us and we work hard to ensure that our school community has a place to turn to when they need.
Mrs Ceris Walker is our Family Support Officer and can be found on the yard at the beginning and end of everyday. Whether it is a quick chat or a a lengthier discussion needed, she is always on hand to help. Sometimes you may need help with a short-term problem you and your family are facing or it could be something more long-term that you need guidance on, it really is what ever you need. As a busy working Mum, Mrs Walker knows only too well about the ups and downs of family life so please get in touch via the school office or making an appointment with her directly.
With a wealth of experience in behaviour support, counselling and social care, please see below for some of the areas that she is able to support and direct within:
- Promoting attendance and punctuality
- Small group work focusing on behaviour for learning, social skills, friendship skills and emotional well being
- Provide one to one support during difficult times such as bereavement, separation or illness.
- Forest schools and a fully qualified Scout Leader.
- Provide information and signposting to relevant and useful services within the locality.
- Liaising with a range of external services such as housing, social care and the local council.
- Assistance in completing paperwork or forms such as tax credits etc.
- Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- A discrete ear to bend when life is tough.
- Weekly food drops, courtesy of Tesco, every Tuesday morning. Come along and pick up some essentials (and treats!) to ease the pressure on the family finances.
- Support with Free School Meal vouchers and schemes.
- Access to Food Bank services
- Advice on family meal times, fussy -eaters, over-eaters and everything in between!
- Referral to School Nurse Hub if required.
Attendance and Behaviour
- Providing parents and children with support to be able to attend school every day.
- Family Links, a nurturing program over 10 weeks, that gives families the knowledge and confidence to reward, discipline, praise and get he best from family life.
- Family Learning, an opportunity to work alongside your child, guided by an adult, on a range of exciting topics and themes such as animation, art and design and computing.
Mrs Walker is also one of our Deputy Safeguarding Leads and works closely with the Principal (Designated Safeguarding Lead) and the Deputy Head (Deputy Safeguarding Lead), so please contact any of the team if you are concerned about your family, self, or those in your community. We are all here to help you.
Please click the link below to take you to our safeguarding page on the website.