The Government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for the academic year 2018 to 2019 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school head teachers. This funding is ring-fenced and thus can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Please see the attached funding plan below.
As a result of an audit of current provision, we have decided to allocate the funding in the following ways:
- To increase staff subject knowledge through CPD
- To continue to access sport offers from our High School and MAC, further developing these relationships and potential opportunities
- To increase the amount and range of active and well -being activities available after school for pupils
- To increase the amount of pupils engaging in lunchtime activities and thus increasing the number of pupils involved in PE activities during the lunch break.
- To increase pupil engagement and leadership skills through Play Leaders, PE Leaders and Peer Mediators
- To support early years staff in the teaching of physical development through targeted CPD
- To extend our curriculum to engage children in alternative sports
The PE leader and HT will monitor the increased in numbers of children accessing physical activities.
Introduce an ‘active breakfast club’ to include a weekly outdoors boot-camp
Introduce 'active lunchtimes' in collaboration with Mid-day Supervisors and Play Leaders
The allocation and provision will be reviewed at the end of every term.
Please find the current PE Funding Plan 18-19 below.