The Government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school head teachers. This funding is ring-fenced and thus can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
As part of the PE and sports funding initiative from the Government, St Augustine’s Catholic Academy has been allocated £8000 to increase the PE and sports offered at the school.
As a result of an audit of current provision, we have decided to allocate the funding in the following ways:
- To increase staff subject knowledge through CPD
- To continue to access sport offers from our High School and with partners we currently work with.
- To increase the amount of activities available after school for pupils.
- To increase the amount of pupils engaging in lunchtime activities and thus increasing the number of pupils involved in PE activities during the lunch break.
- To continue to support early years staff in the teaching of physical development.
- Provide Sport camps during the School Holidays.
The PE leader and HT will monitor the increase in numbers of children accessing physical activities.
Consider possibility of ‘active breakfast club’
The allocation and provision will be reviewed at the end of every term.
Please find the current PE Funding Plan 16-17 below.