At St. Augustine's we believe that the education of pupils in Online Safety is an essential part of the school's provision. Children and young people need the help and support of the school to recognise and avoid Online Safety risks and build their resilience.
Online Safety is a focus in all areas of the curriculum and staff reinforce Online Safety messages across the curriculum.
- A planned Online Safety curriculum is provided as part of Computing lessons and is regularly revisited.
- Key online safety messages are reinforced as part of workshops and assemblies.
- Pupils are taught in all lessons to be critically aware of the materials/content they access on-line and are guided to validate the accuracy of information.
- Pupils are taught to acknowledge the source of information used and respect copyright when using material accessed online.
- Pupils are helped to understand the need for the Pupil Acceptable Use Policy and encouraged to adopt safe and responsible use both within and outside school.